Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

What can be shared with free users on a Premium capacity

Hi there,

We have a P1 SKU Premium capacity.

Sadly, we are still getting a lot of feedback from users still being prompted for a Pro license.

Before I create a ticket, I would like to have things cleared up on what can be shared.

Can a Pro user on a Premium capacity workspace shared the following with a Free user:

1. A dashboard by clicking the "Share" button?
  2. A report by sending the direct URL?
  3. Does this change if a dashboard using a visual from the report has been shared first?
  4. A workspace by adding the user as a member?
  5. An app by adding the user?

I can't seem to find info on the in the Premium FAQ.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous

Can a Pro user on a Premium capacity workspace shared the following with a Free user:

1. A dashboard by clicking the "Share" button? No
  2. A report by sending the direct URL? No, requires shared dashboard
  3. Does this change if a dashboard using a visual from the report has been shared first? Only for Pro users who can consume dashboards
  4. A workspace by adding the user as a member? No, only Pro users can be added to an App Workspace
  5. An app by adding the user? Yes, this is the only method by which you can share to free users. Using Apps.

Sharing dashboards is a request, I would suggest you add your vote to it to get this functionality integrated.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/20474344-sharing-dashboard-s-from-power-bi-premium-with-fre

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Anonymous

Can a Pro user on a Premium capacity workspace shared the following with a Free user:

1. A dashboard by clicking the "Share" button? No
  2. A report by sending the direct URL? No, requires shared dashboard
  3. Does this change if a dashboard using a visual from the report has been shared first? Only for Pro users who can consume dashboards
  4. A workspace by adding the user as a member? No, only Pro users can be added to an App Workspace
  5. An app by adding the user? Yes, this is the only method by which you can share to free users. Using Apps.

Sharing dashboards is a request, I would suggest you add your vote to it to get this functionality integrated.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/20474344-sharing-dashboard-s-from-power-bi-premium-with-fre

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I'm not an expert, but I think/know I shared dashboards thru App with free users in December 2017. Am I missing out on something here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your answer!

Do you have any source for this or is it based on personal experience?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors