Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ostrich160
Frequent Visitor

Web content Widget

So, with the update to add web content widgets, I saw this blog post

http://www.jenunderwood.com/2016/02/01/january-2016-microsoft-bi-world-news/

Some way down, it talks about web content, and shows a gif of an animated map in Power BI.

I waqs just wondering if there is any information about how to produce a similar thing.

Thanks

Tom

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

We just started using it to put interesting articles on our dashboards.  I used http://embed.ly/code to get the url in the embed code section of the widget.  It is pretty cool

IvanMislav
Helper I
Helper I

I saw the same thing and tried to do it myself. In the case of animated weather map, it's just a simple gif image added as image widget. Just copy/paste URL address of the gif image that you want to add, and click apply.

But I'm not sure what web content widget is supposed to do and I'm really interested. It would be awesome to have live feed from other webistes on dashboard, if that's the idea behind this. Does anybody know what is the purpose of web content widget and how to use it?

Thats a shame, still I would like to know what the web content does. Thanks for the heads up!

You can embed an iframe code and show it in the tile. I have tried with SWAY embed and also embed YouTube video, looks great. Also with the video widget you can point to a YouTube or other links.
BUT in Netherlands at least after the latest update it doesn't work anymore so no more testing like embedding a website or other stuff.

If it works on your region you can try it.
Konstantinos Ioannou

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors