Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

oberthou
Frequent Visitor

Web Content source (servicenow) - Failed to update data source credentials

I' m new to publishing on powerbi. It's the first time I try.

My powerbi desktop file works well with a basic authentication to get date from a web content url (service-now.com) .

But once published on powerbi.com I get the following error message :

Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.

Sans titre.gif

Then I click on edit credentials and try to enter the login and password (BASIC authentication) like on powerbi desktop and get rejected with another error message  :

Failed to update data source credentials.

Sans titre2.png

Can anyone help me ?
Thanks a lot.

Olivier

7 REPLIES 7

Hello @oberthou 

In case you're still struggling exporting data from Servicenow, you might want to try out our Servicenow app: Power BI Connector:

We have a handy User and Admin Guides for your convenience, but feel free to reach out support team at support@alpha-serve.com if you need any assistance.

Thank you.

Regards,

Anton

===

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

oberthou
Frequent Visitor

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Your dev instance seems to be offline.

CAn you let me know when I can test again ?

THanks.Sans titre2.png

Hi @oberthou,

The instance is waking up, please try to connect to it in desktop. I have changed the password, please use below credential:

User: admin

Password: Password01!

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi Qiuyun Yu,

I just tried with areport pointing to your instance and I can authenticate with powerbi.com in your case indeed.

The source is the same as for the one not working except the name of the instance (sgts is my case) :

= Csv.Document(Web.Contents("https://dev24836.service-now.com/", [RelativePath="sc_task_list.do?sysparm_query=sys_created_on%3E%3Djavascript%3Ags.dateGenerate(%27"&Date_début_URL&"%27%2C%2700%3A00%3A00%27)%5EORu_closed_date%3E%3Djavascript%3Ags.dateGenerate(%27"&Date_début_URL&"%27%2C%27end%27)%5EORstateIN-5%2C1%2C2%5Eassignment_group%3Da36be95bf1a391007a68f46050f4658c&sysparm_first_row=1&sysparm_view=&CSV"]),[Delimiter=",", Encoding=28591])

Any other idea ?

Thanks.

Olivier

Hi @oberthou,

I guess the issue should be related to your account. Please contact ServiceNow admin to ensure you have any additional permissions that may be required for your custom instance.

If issue persist, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @oberthou,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Please try create a new report which uses the account I have registered to see if the same issue occurs.

s1.PNG

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

I' m new to publishing on powerbi. It's the first time I try.

My powerbi desktop file works well with a basic authentication to get date from a web content url (service-now.com) .

But once published on powerbi.com I get the following error message :

Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.

Sans titre.gif

Then I click on edit credentials and try to enter the login and password (BASIC authentication) like on powerbi desktop and get rejected with another error message  :

Failed to update data source credentials.

Sans titre2.png

Can anyone help me ?
Thanks a lot.

Olivier

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors