Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gunjandhole
Regular Visitor

Way to show values of last inserted record in Power BI Online

Hi,

I am sending "real time data" from sensors from stream analytics to Power BI. I need to show the recent "sensor reading", that is I need to show Last inserted Record value into "Power Bi Online", is it possible? I tried Visualisations like "Card", which always considers all the records inserted in the power bi, where as I just need the last Reading. I dont have an option to use "Rest API", so is there any way to do this.

Thanks In advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi guys any solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

same problem here... the API power bi send all the data but in the report i have to show only the last record.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Same problem here. Have you found a way to do it?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gunjandhole,

In your scenario, if there is a field in your dataset marked each record based on input time. For example, InputTime field.

q4.PNG

Then you can add this field (eg: InputTime field) into the Visual Level Filter or Page Level Filter to select the most recent time value to filter the records.

q5.PNG

If there is no this kind of the filed in your dataset, I'm afraid the requirement can't be achieved.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply. I have timeStamp with my data, but in that case also I have to select the time Manually, which wont solve my problem as my timestamp will keep updating. I need an autofilter which should work onto TimeStamp filtering.

Hi @gunjandhole,

One way I can think out of is to add a Where clause in output query to filter records based on timestamp column. You can refer to sample query: Query examples for common Stream Analytics usage patterns.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This link appears to be pointed at Stream analytics, I cannot see a way to use a Where clause in PowerBI where should this be entered into the query?

Regards,

Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark
Business Insight Data Modeler @ BRIGHTSTARR

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors