Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Hedayet
Regular Visitor

Want to get back to free version

Hello,

I recently activated pro trial period. Now Power Bi mobile version is blocking all dashboards from viewing Man Sad. How can I go back to free version?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Hedayet @ankitpatira Here is the answer I received when asked internally:

In the licensing center for the tenant, they can confirm that the user in question has a free Power BI license assigned. Once confirmed, they should be able to uncheck the Pro, or Pro Evaluation license as appropriate. If I understand correctly, if the user owns any Pro content, there may be the potential for orphaned artifacts when downgrading the license. Where possible, ensuring an alternate Pro user retains ownership of Pro-based material may minimize unanticipated consequences.

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

View solution in original post

Hi @Hedayet,

In your scenario, it seems that the dashboard contains the Power BI Pro content, so when you share the dashboard with free users, they can't see the dashboard content. Please check if there are any dashboard content belong to Pro content. For more information, please refer to this article: Power BI Pro content - what is it?.

Besides let free users upgrade to Pro users, to work around the issue, you can delete Pro content from the dashboard to let free users access.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Hedayet why does your mobile app starts blocking you should investigate more on that as i would have throught if you have features within your power bi dashboard that are Pro then you upgrade to Pro and it starts working.

Also I am not aware of any button or option where you can click and get back to Free version once you upgrade to Pro or Pro trial. I guess you will have to contact MS support who can change your account back to Free. @SamLester any idea on how can a user switch back to free account ?

Its not blocking me, its blocking other users I shared my dashboards with. I cant ask everyone to upgrade to pro version!

Hi @Hedayet,

In your scenario, it seems that the dashboard contains the Power BI Pro content, so when you share the dashboard with free users, they can't see the dashboard content. Please check if there are any dashboard content belong to Pro content. For more information, please refer to this article: Power BI Pro content - what is it?.

Besides let free users upgrade to Pro users, to work around the issue, you can delete Pro content from the dashboard to let free users access.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Doesn't seem like the question has been answered on how to roll back.  Could someone provide an easy explanation and link on where to go and what to do in order to get back to free version from pro trial?

It seems the question is still unanswered as to how one rolls back from the pro trial to the basic free version?  Can anyone help with this?

@Hedayet @ankitpatira Here is the answer I received when asked internally:

In the licensing center for the tenant, they can confirm that the user in question has a free Power BI license assigned. Once confirmed, they should be able to uncheck the Pro, or Pro Evaluation license as appropriate. If I understand correctly, if the user owns any Pro content, there may be the potential for orphaned artifacts when downgrading the license. Where possible, ensuring an alternate Pro user retains ownership of Pro-based material may minimize unanticipated consequences.

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors