Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

View Content Packs doesn't work unless you're in the group from which the content pack was created

Content packs and Groups seems to be a bit broken to me.  

1. I don't see why a content cannot contain reports from more than one group. That's an odd design choice that makes content harder to find (a user is forced to iterate through each content pack created by each group in order to discover all the content available to them). 

2. If you create a Content Pack while in a certain workspace (e.g. "Developers") and then change Workspaces to, e.g. "Sales Staff" and then choose the "View Content Packs" from the settings menu, you can't see all the content packs you own, but only the ones created from within the context of the workspace/group you're currently in. That's also an odd (wrong?) design choice.  I should be able to manage all of my content packs without having to iterate through each workspace I may have created a content pack in and selecting the "View Content Pack" option. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

A content pack can only include the dashboards/reports/datasets within current workspace. And you can only view the content packs within current workspace.

Regards,

tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous,

As my perspective, i think 2 points are correct.

1) That's meaning of group - some users that have same permission and same view to collaborate and communicate. That's not make sense when you separate information(report/dashboard) to groups and also want they could cross-accessing.

2) When creating Content pack, you could choose Organization, so every groups or tenant in organization will be able to access that content pack. 

And if we manage every content packs in same place, there will be confusing cause there some content packs belong to specific groups not organization. I think it's better to manage by context of group as current.Smiley Very Happy

Screenshot 2017-01-14 17.51.23.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors