Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

megjain9

Validity of Report Embed Link

Hi Team,

I am using trial user of MS Power BI service. I have developed a report of 3 pages and published it on the web for POC purpose. I have the embed code which I can share with the users whom I want to share about MS Power BI service features. We are still evaluating the MS Power BI features and would need some more time to decide on purchasing the paid licenses.

My question is, as my trial account is expiring in next 4 days, will my web link of report will also stop working?

Please reply at earliest.

Regards,

Megha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@megjain9 as per latest pricing model listed here, publish to web is available with both Pro and Free version and so it make sense that link would continue to work even if your pro trial is ended.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@megjain9 At the end of your 60 day trial period you have option to extend it and it does extend for another 60 days. I think you get reminder few days ago and then there is option to extend. I have not come across this situation before but i think when you extend your publish to web report will continue with same link you have. Even if it gets disabled then you can obtain that same link again by going to Settings icon on top right hand corner in power bi service and click manage embed codes.

Thanks for your helpful comments Ankit!

I have extended my trial access for next 60 days. My question is if at all my user is not extended any further and gets expired, will the web link would still keep on working.

@megjain9 as per latest pricing model listed here, publish to web is available with both Pro and Free version and so it make sense that link would continue to work even if your pro trial is ended.

@ankitpatira: Thanks for sharing this link! Helpful indeed 🙂

Cheers,

Megha

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors