Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CmdrKeene
Helper IV
Helper IV

Using date field with Q&A

My dataset has a date field (date only, no time value in it) called "CallDate". I can see it in my Dataset, I can create a report using it like so: PowerBI Report Screenshot

On the Axis field, I set the CallDate to just "CallDate", because setting "Date Hierarchy" makes the user need to "drill down" and I don't want that, I want it to just be per-date as shown in that picture.

I can save that report fine, and I can even pin it to a dashboard.  But then Q&A doesn't work.  If you type a phrase like "average of AgentTime by CallDate", the "by CallDate" turns gray like it doesn't understand the request.

The CallDate is a date field in my data source, and I've tried shaping the query many different ways and even creating new date columns in PowerBI desktop, then publishing. But nothing I can do will make this report work correctly.

Example of the problem: PowerBI Dashboard Screenshot

CmdrKeene
2 REPLIES 2
Grijn
Regular Visitor

I'm running into the same issue. Did you get it working?

Not yet but I do have an open support case on it.  It's just a bit slow because I'm a free user.

CmdrKeene

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors