Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Evogelpohl
Helper V
Helper V

Using Visual-Level-Date Filters Breaks Visuals upon Refresh

I have several visuals on a report in which the visual is filtered to remove "this week's" data or to only show "this month and last month"  - which are created in Power Query

After I publish the report from PBID, all works fine on PowerBI.  But, when PowerBI.com refreshes my content, all of the visuals that are using a visual-level date filter get zero'ed-out.  Nothing is shown after the refresh (or multiple refreshes).  

However, all of the visuals on the report that DO NOT use a visual-level-date filter refresh properly.

Here is an example of some of the visuals-level date filters I'm using:

Date.IsInCurrentWeek([Date]) (Set the visual to FALSE)

2 REPLIES 2
Rémi
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

If you don't get any error message, I don't think that the problem is from the refresh.

Are you sure that you get data in the current week?

Then I don't understand your context, you talk about visual-level-filter but the Date.IsInCurrentWeek([Date]) is a request filter, what is the filter on your visuals ?

Thanks for the follow up.  In the pic, you'll note that I'm pulling data from Office365's Usage API - It's just a normal ODATA endpoint - works fine. 

However, for some (not all) of my charts, I never want data from “This Week” or “Last Week” or “Last Month”. Essentially, there are times that the data in those ranges are not complete/finalized yet.

So, in my Get-Data routine, I’m adding a Custom Column and using a few of these M-functions to identify what rows of data fall in these periods:

- Date.IsInCurrentWeek(Date) - Returns T or F

- Date.IsInPreviousMonth(Date) - Returns T or F.

That works as designed.  I can then drop that filter into the visual-level filter pane and remove (set to False) rows from This-Week or Last-Month as I see fit.

Problem:  When you publish to PowerBi.Com and perform a refresh, you no longer see any values that have used these filters. The graphs disappear, but that data are there. It’s the filter that’s preventing it from showing up.

Temp Solution:  If you refresh the data from PBID, then re-publish, they return.  But.. try to refresh again, and you get nothing again.

Yes, this isn’t a refresh issue. Refreshing is fine. I’m having some glitch on PowerBI.com that won’t acknowledge these visual-level-filters after a refresh.

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors