Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jgutierrez
Helper I
Helper I

Users cannot see shared dashboard

Hi,

One of our users has made a copy of a dataset (the whole company has read access to it), created a report based on this dataset using Power BI Service Live Connection, and then shared a dashboard based on that report.

The developers we can see the dashboard sometimes (other times we also get the error or see it blank) but the business users can't see it at all. The error message is "The data shown in this tile is no longer available. Please contact the report owner for details".

We have the data gateway set up & everyone has a pro account.

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@jgutierrez

It might be issue when resolving old version report metadata on Power BI Service. Please let your developers republish the .pbix with latest version of Power BI Desktop and refresh the dataset. Then update your content pack and try again.

Regards,

Hi @v-sihou-msft,

I've followed thesteps but sadly it still doesn't work

Sounds very much like the same issue I'm experiencing here - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Power-BI-Live-Service-Connection-when-will-this-be-out-of/m...

It appears that the Live Service Connection simply doesn't work reliably enough yet to rely on for business purposes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors