Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Usage metrics are blank

Hi all,

For this only one report in my app workspace, the usage metric always returns Blank value. I am constantly checking the report so the views should not be blank. The other reports in my workspace does not have this problem. Any one knows how to solve this issue? Thank you!

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have created ticket with MS Support.

Response I received: 

The issue is due to SQL Timeout in our North Europe cluster. I have checked with the PG team for ETA to fix this issue. Fix will be deployed in first week of January 2018.

Regards,

Mannu

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have several reports in an app. I am able to get usage metrics for most, but one report comes back blank.  It is a small report, and I know it does get used. I have 1 dashboard and 7 reports.  I can get the metrics for everthing except this one report.

mileshq
Regular Visitor

Still seeing this issue 3/14 for a report published in March 2018.

Any updates known as to why this appears to be re-introduced?

Can anyone point to some troubleshooting to help diagnose?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

My user also reported that some of his usage metric is blank and some are working. So the problem is till existing. Hope MS team can make a permanent fixing, otherwise this feature is really no use.

To support the users, I use the Audit log to extract the Power BI log information (Report or dashboard reviewed), and then filter for individual report usage and share result to the users. Furthermore I am going to do a Powershell to extract the Audit log into a CSV file and then use that CSV file as data source for Power BI reporting , that way we have always had relaible result.

mileshq
Regular Visitor

Still seeing this issue 3/14 for a report published in March 2018.

Any updates known as to why this appears to be re-introduced?

Can anyone point to some troubleshooting to help diagnose?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, we are experiencing the same with a couple of reports on our Australian Tenant, any updates on this issue? Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Usage metric is working now. But unfortunately no data before February was recorded.

robstewart89
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Still seeing blank usage metrics, has there been any update from MS on this?

Or is there a ticket request we can subscribe to recieve updates?

issue is now showing on the PBI service status webpage

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

PBISERVICESTATUS.PNG

UOLandrewdale
Advocate II
Advocate II

We are experiencing the issue but only with workspaces that are based on an Office 365 TEAM. Ones off Office 365 GROUPSare ok.

I have just clicked on the visual metrics report for a report in a group that did not have a usage metrics report before and that got created immediately. However nes for workspaces off a team still do not get created, no matter how long the report has been in use.

Anybody else having problems with TEAMS but not GROUPS? We have not used CREATE APP WORKSPACES button in PBI service so cannot comment on those.

regards

Andrew Dale

turns out it is not a problem between teams and groups, it just depends on when the report was created.

looks like reports created before August 2017 are ok, but ones created afterwards don't work. Seems to coincide with this upgrade to the service

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-per-user-usage-metrics-know-your-audience-and-a...

Also, looks like usage metrics for new dashboards is ok, so just affects usage metrics for reports.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@UOLandrewdale

Thanks for sharing this information.

However,we are interested only in reports and not on metrics pertaining to dashboards as these reports are being shared and used in multiple dashboards.

So the problem still persists.

Hopefully microsoft looks into the problem at the earliest.

We have been waiting for the fix for more than 2 months now.

Thanks,

Mannu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does that report have a dashboard?  Are you checking the dashboard instead of the report?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No the report does not have any associated dashboard.

Hi @Anonymous,

We have reported the similar issue internally. The ICM is 52229904. We will post the update if there is any solution.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. That seems to happen with all the new reports that I uploaded into workspace, not only to that particular report. Usage metric for the old ones still work just fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We too are experiencing exactly the same issue.

Usage statistics can be viewed for older report !!!!

However, usage metrics is not shown for the report that was published last week using November 2017 update.

Report was published on the same day, the app workspace was created.

Power BI Data center is located in North Europe (Ireland)

There are no dashboards and no other datasets/ content in this app space.

Tried similar action by creating another workspace and sharing with other users.

However, it doesn't seem to work.

I got the same problem.

Saving the dashboard with another name and publish it does  not work (I also pinnend the report to a new dashboard).

With earlier dashboards I did not have any problems.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have created ticket with MS Support.

Response I received: 

The issue is due to SQL Timeout in our North Europe cluster. I have checked with the PG team for ETA to fix this issue. Fix will be deployed in first week of January 2018.

Regards,

Mannu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem is yet to be resolved.
Last I checked was on 7-Jan.

@Anonymous

Hi Mannu,

Have you received any further feedback? It appears that the first week of 2018 has come and gone and yet the metrics remain blank in Northern Europe.

Thanks for raising the original ticket.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors