Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Usage Metrics not picking up new reports

I have seen a few cases on here about the usage metrics not working but they seem to have been resolved. Currently if I deply new pbix files to  workspace that has already a usage report saved these new reports do not appear on the report.

We also have an entirely new workspace and that is also showing blank usage and I know definitely it should not be. 

Is this refresh problem ongoing? One of the existing usage reports we saved now has a message saying "due to inactivity scheduled refresh has been deactivated. We are starting it again now, check back later". But it has said this for the last week. When I try to create a new usage report in same workspace based on the new report it's just blank??

usage.PNG

Shame as these usage reports were proving useful for the justification of new license purchases.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @gooranga1,

From here, it looks like a known issue that sometimes usage report are missing data.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-yulgu-msft

Yes I did see that but the issue we are seeing is that we do not get any usage metrics on any newly deployed reports, at all.

It simply doesn't work for new reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors