Power BI Team

Re: Updates to the Web connector

@matmoore,
Thank you for the feedback, and yes hopefully we'll get a fix soon as part of the improvments.

Regular Visitor

One quick question, I'm trying to use http://www.timeapi.org/pst to build what is described in http://www.excelguru.ca/blog/2016/06/08/display-last-refreshed-date-in-power-bi/ .

It uses anonymous connect to web source. Can you teach me how to use data on that page without getting error messages?

Power BI Team

Hi @tomislav1975,

What error messages are you seeing?

Regular Visitor

[ Edited ]

HI, these is what I get. Personal gateway is not even in use as data source is on web, and nothing uses local data. Same thing is on other report where I use on-site gateway that is always online.

_FIRST_SLIDE.png_SECOND_SLIDE.png_SLIDE_THREE.png

Regular Visitor

I keep reading about this possibility to use the personal gateway to connect to web sources but all I get in my schedule report section is: 

error.png

Where am I supposed to choose that option?

Perhaps there are multiple issues with the Web connector and the support team is getting them mixed up.

Occasional Visitor

we have provided a Pass4surekey 70-412 100% real exam dumps.You can easily pass through our first attempet of Pdf Braindumps.

Power BI Team

@mauropasi what data source are you trying to connect to?

Regular Visitor

It's an API call.

I am using Web.Contents with some authentication in the headers so it is set as anonymous because I didn't find a way to pass a bearer token otherwise.  

Frequent Visitor

So I've come upon this issue as well. Any Web content source I've created to get around the fact that Power BI can't read Sharepoint libraries as Lists are now not accepting my credentials when updating my data. I didn't see a workaround listed here, but do you know of any @dimazaid ?

Regular Visitor

[ Edited ]

What about Excel files on OneDrive "Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents)"?

I have an open support ticket on a project with this type of connection and the supporter keeps insisting that it is a Gateway related error although the solution only contains online sources.

Frustration!!

You are making it very hard for us to sell and implement Power BI when it is this unstable and your Gateway fix is unacceptable. You need to stabilize this product, bridge the gaps and make it Enterprise ready. The IT departments don’t like Gateways and it doesn’t make sense to add a gateway for an online source!

You had a god thing going, but the last month or so with extremely unstable service has damaged Power BI and this “feature cut” has only made it worse. Please consider that we have solutions running in production.