Re: Updates to the Web connector

I am facing the same issue

1. used web connector to connect to excel on onedrive for business

2. suto schedule is not working

but when i try to use a gateway (just like it is suggested) it still gives me an error. Under the gateway there is no "oauth" option and using the basic, anonomus, and windows still gives me an error.

Can I can now refresh my report which is conneted to excel on ODFB?

Frequent Visitor

Hey everyone, 

I managed to get Google Sheets to work instead for another document (more like, it hasn't given me an error yet..) based on some other searching on the internet so not entirely my own discovery:

1. In Google API Console, enable Sheets API
  2. Under "Credentials", create "OAuth Client ID". Copy the "Client ID" and "Client Secret". (This will be your username and password for "Web credentials")
  3. In your Google Sheet, go to "File > Publish to the Web", select Excel as the file format, copy the url.
  4. In Power BI Desktop, use "Web" as a source, and use the Publish to Web url, use Basic as the credential type, and use the Client ID and Client Secret as username and password. 
  5. On the Scheduled refresh page on PowerBI.com, you will need to re-enter these again.

good luck

-Kevin

The gateway is also giving an error when i try to add the Excel ODFB link as data source. Can you please provide guidance on how the gateway refersh will work for web services. Additionally there is no Oauth option in the gateway.

Power BI Team

Hi @mahimabedi,
The error you're running into is due to a different issue. The good news is that the fix should be in PROD soon, stay tuned, I'll post a comment here once it's online.
Thanks!
Dimah

Power BI Team

The OneDrive and SP connection issues are fixed in production, just verified it. Please let me know if you are still running into any issues.

Regular Visitor

Thanks for keeping us informed, dimazaid.

Will you update this topic once updating from online sources without a gateway is working again?

Onedrive dataset update works fine (scheduled refresh, on demand also). I still need to see if there is on-change "push" update from Onedrive to PowerBI service.

Power BI Team

You're welcome. Yes, will do!

Thanks @dimazaid

Frequent Visitor

Some datasets works while not others. @dimazaid can I PM you error IDs and other details? 

-Kevin