Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dsutt519
Advocate II
Advocate II

Unexpected data read from blob.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface.

My dataset has been refreshing perfectly for the last 4+ months but for the past 2 weeks it will not refresh (via the personal gateway) and is giving me the following error when trying to refresh "Unexpected data read from blob.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface." I noticed on the support page (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/) that there have been several non-resolved issues for the past couple of weeks and I am wondering if this is related. Very frustrating and hope this is fixed asap!

Data source error:

Unexpected data read from blob.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface.

Cluster URI:

WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID:

f31ba769-bbed-424b-9314-78448758b262

Request ID:

472c2995-a972-dc21-5671-9ab07ba93897

Time:

2017-01-15 20:56:17Z

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dsutt519
Advocate II
Advocate II

@v-haibl-msft

Hi Herbert,

I deleted a couple of my tables (I have 12 total) and rebuilt and now it works. I'm not sure why the error occurred, as PBI desktop did give me any errors when I refreshed it and would allow me to publish the files correctly (would only receive the error when trying to refresh using the gateway). Glad it works now though.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
paulgisi85com

I received this message and tracked it down to having a default value in a slicer.  Remove the deafult and no issue.  I have recreated the dataset and the slicer several times.  Any ideas?

dsutt519
Advocate II
Advocate II

@v-haibl-msft

Hi Herbert,

I deleted a couple of my tables (I have 12 total) and rebuilt and now it works. I'm not sure why the error occurred, as PBI desktop did give me any errors when I refreshed it and would allow me to publish the files correctly (would only receive the error when trying to refresh using the gateway). Glad it works now though.

dsutt519
Advocate II
Advocate II

@v-haibl-msft

Hi Herbert,

The personal gateway status says it is online and working, but when I try to refresh my dataset I receive the error noted above. Is there anything else I can provide for this issue to be looked into further? I really appreciate your help fixing it!

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@dsutt519

For the personal gateway not working, could you please post a screenshot for it? What is the error message shown in the personal gateway?

Best Regards,

Herbert

dsutt519
Advocate II
Advocate II

@v-haibl-msft

Hi Herbert,

I have two duplicate datasets that I created back in October. One of them I have not touched (which still updates automatically every two hours with the personal gateway) and the only change I made to the other one was to open and refresh manually with the November/January updated PBI desktop app (and now the personal gateway does not work on that file).

I hope this gets fixed soon!

Kind regards,

Dan

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@dsutt519

Did you do some changes to your dataset before the refresh began to fail?

You can also take a look at this article which explains about a similar error message.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors