Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Surendra_thota
Helper II
Helper II

Unable to update apps getting something went wrong error

Hi All

we have create App to share the reports , when we publish new changes  and try update app we are getting something went wrong error . we are not getting any error message in that , how to solve this issue .now the users unable to see the new change.

i have one doubt  what is the difference between sharing reports by adding users to workspace and creating apps and sharing through apps.

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Surendra_thota,

For the issue, it could be related to the known issue on https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ as mentioned by @Seth_C_Bauer.

i have one doubt  what is the difference between sharing reports by adding users to workspace and creating apps and sharing through apps.

For your doubt, the main difference I can think of is that, if you're adding someone to the app workspace, it should be so they can edit the content. If they're only going to view the content, just include them when you publish the app. Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

To my Knowledge, Workspace act as a staging area between the developer and end user. By adding users to workspace you can develope your report collaboratively by giving edit permissions to other co-developers. Publishing the app is nothing but giving read access to the end user. Infact workspace is mandatory for both cases.

@Surendra_thota known issue on the support site. support.powerbi.com

error.PNG

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors