Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

anmsharma
Helper II
Helper II

Unable to share Dashboard using Exchange Distribution Groups

Hi Team,

We have created a Distribution Group in Exchange 2010 which I am using to share Dashboard with our users.

I am able to send emails to that group but users in that group aren't able to access the dashboards and having request access issue when a dashboard is shared with them.

Could you please help me on that.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Ajay
Employee
Employee

A few questions;

• Is dashboard in a group workspace?
  • After you share the dashboard with them, how do they access the dashboard? Do you send them a link to the dashboard? 
Senior Program Manager,
Power BI, Microsoft.

Thank you @Ajay for your quick reply.

I have created the basic dashboard without any Pro features.

In the Power BI service, I clicked on 'Share', entered the 'distribution group address' i.e. PowerBITest@mycompany.com.

Users didn't got any email notification but I shared the dashboard link over email. When asked users about access. 

They couldn't access the dashboard.

Thanks again.

Where did you take the dashboard link from? You need to use the link from here: (see attachment)

Senior Program Manager,
Power BI, Microsoft.

@Ajay,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot I took the link from there only.

My concern is that all the users in that distribution group of exchange 2010 have standard Power BI access.

Why they can't view the dashboards when shared using DG. But individually they can view that.

Thanks

Can you check whether it works if they click the link a second time? 

Senior Program Manager,
Power BI, Microsoft.

Hi @Ajay,

Thanks for your reply but the users tried again and unable to access the dashboard.

I have point to highlight, please correct me if am wrong.

The Distribution Group which Power BI can utlise for Dashboard Sharing must be created in Office 365 Distribution Groups and not in Exchange 2010 on premises.

Need your clarification on that and I believe that's the problem.

Thanks Again

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors