Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eikden
Frequent Visitor

Unable to load the model - SSAS

I have facing this issue when connect to SSAS.

Something went wrong

Unable to load the model
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity IDd0b18943-f560-2057-c220-87b404a0a017
Request ID2b29c935-bdf5-d1bc-0b27-e54a4c968123
Correlation IDd094a166-35be-6521-c80f-f2031acb97db
TimeThu Jul 13 2017 12:11:00 GMT+0800 (Malay Peninsula Standard Time)
Version13.0.1877.175
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
eikden
Frequent Visitor

I have resolved the issue. Is related to the SSAS cube configuration. One of the dimension column remove the hierarchy will able to loan model successfully. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AlienYi

From within PowerBi.com I go to drop-down for Manage Gateways, I add Gateway and Data Source (data source type: Analysis Services, database: name of cube, under users I added myself and 2 other users, for Map user names, under replace I put @mydomain.com, under with I put @mydomain.local. Then I go click on Get Data icon, under Import or Connect to Data, I click on Get icon under Databases, on next windows I click on SQL Server Analysis Services, on popup window (below SQL Server Analysis Services icon) I click on Connect, on next window under Servers I click on Data Source listed under Data Source Name, it's say loading, under Servers>Cube I click on the cube listed under Name, then a Connect icon pops up on the top right-hand corner, I click on the Connect icon, it's prompts 'Importing Data' with an hourglass, after 10 seconds the prompt goes away

Now under Workspaces, I click on My Workspace, then click on Datasets, then click on Create Report icon for the dataset which connects to a SQL Server Analysis Services.

After about 20 seconds I get error: unable to load the model (Version is 13.0.1930.145, Cluster URI is https:wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net).

When I click on Create Report icon for any other Dataset (which does not connect to a SQL Server Analysis Services), it works ok (no error message and Fields section is populated).

So the data is imported to SQL Server Analysis Services dataset, but you cannot use the dataset.

1. Power BI Desktop (on same server as SSAS).

From Power BI Desktop, I click Get Data, Analysis Services, enter Server and database, select Import, click OK,
the Fields section is populated with Dimensions from my cube (created a report and published to Power Bi Service - PowerBi.com)

From Power BI Desktop, I click Get Data, Analysis Services, enter Server and database, select Connect live, click OK,
the Navigator windows shows the server and the cube, I click on the cube and click OK,
the Fields section is NOT populated with Dimensions from my cube (so can't create a report).
Tried both EnterpriseGatewayInstaller and PowerBIGatewayInstaller

-------------

2. Power BI Desktop (on same server as SSAS).

From Power BI Desktop, I click Get Data, Power BI Service, My workspace, select any dataset, fails if dataset is SSAS (connection timed out). 
If report was created by me connecting via Import to SSAS , (Step 1 above) and published to My workspace on Power BI Service, and I select it's dataset, it works ok.

-------------

3. Configuration of Gateway and Data Source (SSAS).

From within PowerBi.com I go to drop-down for Manage Gateways, I add Gateway and Data Source (data source type: Analysis Services, database: name of cube, under users I added myself and 2 other users, for Map user names, under replace I put @mydomain.com, under with I put @mydomain.local. Then I go click on Get Data icon, under Import or Connect to Data, I click on Get icon under Databases, on next window I click on SQL Server Analysis Services, on popup window (below SQL Server Analysis Services icon) I click on Connect, on next window under Servers I click on Data Source listed under Data Source Name, it says  loading, under Servers>Cube I click on the cube listed under Name, then a Connect icon pops up on the top right-hand corner, I click on the Connect icon, it's prompts 'Importing Data' with an hourglass, after 10 seconds the prompt goes away.

Now under Workspaces, I click on My Workspace, then click on Datasets, then click on Create Report icon for the dataset which connects to SQL Server Analysis Services.
After about 20 seconds I get error: unable to load the model (Version is 13.0.1930.145, Cluster URI is https:wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net).
When I click on Create Report icon for any other Dataset (which does not connect to SQL Server Analysis Services), it works ok (no error message and Fields section is populated).
So the data is imported to SQL Server Analysis Services dataset, but you cannot use the dataset.
eikden
Frequent Visitor

I have resolved the issue. Is related to the SSAS cube configuration. One of the dimension column remove the hierarchy will able to loan model successfully. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors