Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

saikarthick
Frequent Visitor

Unable to access admin Portal in power bi service

Hi,

I am using pro trail version, unable to access admin portal. Got some info as office 365 global admin has to provide admin access for power BI user. If so, office 365 adminstrator can provide power bi admin access to all power bi users accross organization?.

What is the cost of office 365 Global admin per month? which type of account is having global admin(ex: office 365 business, office 365 business premium....etc)?.

Sorry, if my questions are very stupid. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @saikarthick,

To get access to Power BI Admin Portal, your account needs to be marked as a Global Admin, within Office 365 or Azure Active Directory, or have been assigned the Power BI service administrator role, to get access to the Power BI admin portal. For more information, please refer to below links:

Understanding the Power BI admin role

Power BI admin portal

Office 365 Global admin is a role. It will not cause additional cost as you already purchased Office 365 license. You can see Assign admin roles in Office 365. If you have any doubts about Office 365, I would suggest you post a question here.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @saikarthick,

To get access to Power BI Admin Portal, your account needs to be marked as a Global Admin, within Office 365 or Azure Active Directory, or have been assigned the Power BI service administrator role, to get access to the Power BI admin portal. For more information, please refer to below links:

Understanding the Power BI admin role

Power BI admin portal

Office 365 Global admin is a role. It will not cause additional cost as you already purchased Office 365 license. You can see Assign admin roles in Office 365. If you have any doubts about Office 365, I would suggest you post a question here.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors