Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

elongo
Regular Visitor

(URGENT) DATA CAPACITY ISSUE

I am experiencing something in Power BI which I can't understand:

- I created a dataset on the 30.12.2016 (50  days ago, approx.)

- With that dataset I created a report and pinned to a dashboard.

- I have only consumed 8MB/1GB (0.08%) of space in my Power BI account.

- But my data and reports are being cut day by day, showing me only the last 12 days of data! So every day my data is shorter, and it seems lost. 

WHAT IS GOING ON?

HOW CAN I HAVE ACCESS TO MY DATA SINCE THE BEGINNING OF MY DATASET?

(I AM ABOUT TO LOOSE PRECIOUS DATA IN FEW DAYS IF THIS CONTINUES AND IN THAT CASE POWER BI WONT'T BE USEUFUL FOR MY BUSINESS)

Thanks for any clue you can provide me.

elongo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-qiuyu-msft Thanks for the clues. Actually I think the problem was that I had too many timestamps. My code was reading three varibales every second (10.800 timestamps/hour), I guess exceding the allowance for free accounts. I changed my readings to happen every minute (180 timestamps/hour) and the time range of the graphs has been increasing gradually: before I was geeting 12 days of day plotted, now I am getting 18 days of data.

Many thanks for your help.

elongo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @elongo,

Please check below points:

1. Check if the data source is changed.
2. Check if anyone modified the report.
3. Check if any filter apply in the report to limit last several days data.
3. Download the report from the service then open in desktop, refresh it to see if you get the same data as in service. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft Thanks for the clues. Actually I think the problem was that I had too many timestamps. My code was reading three varibales every second (10.800 timestamps/hour), I guess exceding the allowance for free accounts. I changed my readings to happen every minute (180 timestamps/hour) and the time range of the graphs has been increasing gradually: before I was geeting 12 days of day plotted, now I am getting 18 days of data.

Many thanks for your help.

elongo.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors