Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FuManchu

Tracking changes

Hi folks,

First time posting so be kind. Hopefully someone has had a similar report to build and can assist.

I've created a report for employees within my company who are at a certain level.

The report is provided at the beginning of every week and today was the second week of receiving the file. I've had success linking the sharepoint source where the file are hosted, combining them and I have created a filter on the source so I can see the difference in the head count of empoyees at that level from last week to this week.

My query is as follows. Is there a way I can view the additonal people now at that level. E.G Using the tables below as an example. Is there an easy way to highlight/export the details on the additonal person (New colleague) now at the level I am tracking.

Source 1st Oct

NameEmail AddressJob LevelEmployee ID
John SmithJohn.Smith@mycompany.com4111
Jane SmithJane.Smith@mycompany.com4112
John DoeJohn.Doe@mycompany.com4113
Jane DoeJane.Doe@mycompany.com4114

Source 9th Oct 

NameEmail AddressJob LevelEmployee ID
John SmithJohn.Smith@mycompany.com4111
Jane SmithJane.Smith@mycompany.com4112
John DoeJohn.Doe@mycompany.com4113
Jane DoeJane.Doe@mycompany.com4114
New Colleaguenew.colleague@mycomany.com4115

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @FuManchu,

Do you have any other columns in your source? Such as StartDate, Time, which can help with determining this week and last week. Or it's hard to say who is new this week.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

The reports (Excel files) when received are named with the deat they were pulled.

Currently I've one call 1st October 2017 & the other 9th October 2017. Once combined in Power BI an additional column is added with this name against the corresponding data.

In short yes. there is a column to differentiate between the two sets of data.

The issue we get is the person themselves may not be new to the file they may have just been promoted from a different role.

E.G John smith was showing as Agent in the data on 1st October 2017 but as manager on 9th October 2017.

Thanks

Liam

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors