Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tooltips only appear on dashboard once

Hi there,

I have just tried to use the Tooltips feature to display some simple text when the user hovers over a pie chart on their dashboard. When I check the online report after it has been published it all looks fine. Then when I look on the dashboard, the tooltips still appear. However, if I then go back to the dashboard (having closed down Edge), the tooltips don't show any more.

I tried Chrome as an alternative but it seems as if the tooltips only appear the first time after I have I looked at the Report.

Any ideas please?

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

If I have undestand your scenario correctly that you could view the tooltip in dashboard well at the first time but it not appear when you see it again?

Only one report has this issue or the all reports?

I have test this scenario in both Edge and Chrome, everything works well.

Unt33itled.png

If only one report has this issue, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario well , so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

If all reports have this issue, I suggest you could create a ticket to get more help.(You should have a Pro license)

Best Regards, 

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your quick response Cherry. This is the first time that I have tried to use Tooltips, so I haven't tried it on other reports / dashboards. However, I have just created a dummy pbix file (https://arkschools-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/s_rowland_globeacademy_org/EedCVaboAhZBqbxc1c8tD...) which I hope that you can access and this has the same issue.

Please can you advise me what I am doing wrong? I have the following session diagnostics.

Kind regards

Steve

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2018-04-10T09:44:46.0260380Z

Local Time:
2018-04-10T10:44:46.0260380+01:00

Session ID:
fbe0e887-a808-4658-9dec-acc3fbc104cf

Release:
April 2018

Product Version:
2.57.5068.501 (PBIDesktop) (x64)

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.16299.0 (x64 en-GB)

CLR Version:
4.7 or later [Release Number = 461308]

Peak Virtual Memory:
34 GB

Private Memory:
266 MB

Peak Working Set:
385 MB

IE Version:

User ID:
ca55675b-96e4-45cc-9909-5bc0a9b5b481

Workbook Package Info:
1* - en-GB, Query Groups: 0, fastCombine: Disabled, runBackgroundAnalysis: True.

Telemetry Enabled:
True

Model Default Mode:
Import

Snapshot Trace Logs:
C:\Users\SteveRowland\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\FrownSnapShot934689797.zip

Performance Trace Logs:
C:\Users\SteveRowland\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\PerformanceTraces.zip

Enabled Preview Features:
PBI_canvasTooltips

Disabled Preview Features:
PBI_shapeMapVisualEnabled
PBI_EnableReportTheme
PBI_SpanishLinguisticsEnabled
CustomConnectors
PBI_qnaExplore
PBI_variationUIChange

Disabled DirectQuery Options:
PBI_DirectQuery_Unrestricted
TreatHanaAsRelationalSource

Cloud:
GlobalCloud

DPI Scale:
200%

Supported Services:
Power BI

Formulas:

section Section1;

Hi @Anonymous,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 66271414 . Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors