Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rodolsen
Frequent Visitor

Timeline with two bar charts

Hi,

I have a timeline visual and two stacked bar charts. The bar charts represents actual and forecast man hours. I am trying to use the timeline to show the actual vs. forecast for the selected time period. My problem is linking the second bar chart to the timeline. The first bar chart (forecast works fine). I have attached a screen shot, appreciate any help or suggestions.

TIAtimeline visual.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @rodolsen,

If you mean interaction of these visuals, you can simply turn on 'edit interaction' to edit interaction effect of each visuals.(at format tab)

1.PNG

Regard,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-shex-msft,

Sorry I am being a little vague. What I am trying to do is show the forecast days in comparison to the actual days. I am struggling to work out how to add a timeline (slicer) that will adjust both bar graphs (the data is stored in two different tables).

I have a week ending field in each table that I want to slice on. When I change the slicer value I would like to see the forecast days and actual days re-adjust based on the date. That way I can see what was forecast vs what actually happended at a point in time.

HI @rodolsen,

>>I am struggling to work out how to add a timeline (slicer) that will adjust both bar graphs (the data is stored in two different tables).

Nope, it is impossible. Power bi not support use one filter/slicer to return different result.

Regards,

XIaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors