Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nhol
Advocate II
Advocate II

Time specific configuration for a report subscription

Hi,

I have created a report that needs to be pushed at a specific time on a daily basis 20:00 (after working business day is over).

How this can be set up?

Thanks,

N

6 REPLIES 6
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@nhol

In Power BI Service, you can configure scheduled refresh for the dataset on a daily basis (at 20:00), and share the dashboard to those peoples who need this report. Then let them subscribe to the dashboard/report. In this way, you will receive an email snapshot of the dashboard each time any of the underlying datasets change.

Please not that if the dashboard refreshes more than once a day, you will only receive the email snapshot after the first refresh.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Why you can't specify the hour you want the report to be sent to you.

I have several refershes during the day but the one I care less about is the one after the first refersh run. On the other hand I want the report to be sent to me at the end of the day and NOT in the morning.

Is it doable?

Thanks!

N

@nhol

No, it is not possible now. If the underlying datasets change after the first refresh, the subscription email will be sent out. Then subscribers will not receive the email in the same day, this is a limitation.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Thank you.

This is something that the tool is lacking.

I can't use the subscription feature if I set up a refresh more than once a day as I do need a daily summary and not during the day.

Why it is set-up this way? I mean to send an email after the first refresh and not after the last refresh for any given day (assuming I set it up for a daily basis subscription).

Best,

N

@nhol

You can vote on this idea which has the same feature request. I think it will come true in the future release.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/17757946-allow-customization-of-e...

Best Regards,
Herbert

Thansk!

just did... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors