Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sdukes_88
Frequent Visitor

The recipient is outside your tenant

Hi,

We're not sure why we are getting this. 

When sharing a dashboard I type the users who should have access within our organisation and add them.

We have our active directory domain which is @example.ac.uk but our email addresses are @something.ac.uk

For the majority of our users, when you click on the 'Access' tab they have been added fine using the domain. But a small number when using the domain show as 'Guest' with 'The recipient is outside your tenant. Their access is limited and the dashboard will be read only.'

So for some users whether you trying adding using the domain or email address it gives the message above.

Does anyone know why this is happening? All users in our organisation have the same setup of the AD domain and the email address.

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

@sdukes_88 I would assume that you have an on premises Active Directory that syncs with AAD. My first thought with the differences in domain, is that those users have a UPN mismatch in your local AD. Check what the UPN is for those users on their accounts, does it match those that are working?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi,

Infrastructure checked and there didn't seem to be a mismatch. We checked two accounts - one that is fine and another that isn't and there doesn't seem to be any difference.

Thanks for the response - typically the person from infrastructure is out of the office at the moment but this could be the issue.

Thank you! If that is the case I will mark this as the solution when he is back (and that's the case). 

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors