Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NAX
Frequent Visitor

The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error.

Any idea what this error means?

I am trying to update a connection to some queries and after a lot of time I get this error and no updates. The file is a sharepoint Excel so no gateway. This is becoming incresily frustrating.

I made another connection to the same file with the same queries and it works correctly, but all of my elements are linked to this former connection. That said, is there any way to change every element in a dashboard to use another connection, instead of going one by one and recreating every element in every report? it's bad enough that pinned elements do not get updated if you change anything at all in the report it's coming from but having to recreate everything is scary...

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
NAX
Frequent Visitor

Everytime I try to refresh it takes 2 hours to fail and returns a different error each time... Interestingly enough, loading the same file as a new dataset works and updates flawlessly. 

Robot FrustratedRobot FrustratedRobot FrustratedRobot FrustratedRobot FrustratedRobot Frustrated

@NAX

It's not supported to change the connection for dataset on Power BI Service. I suggest you re-publish a pbix to replace the existing dataset.

Since we can't check the detail log on Power BI Service directly, you may create a support ticket for deep analysis.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors