Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jderekc
Helper IV
Helper IV

The gateway operation has been canceled explicitly by the user or from a timeout

I am having a problem refreshing (scheduled or on demand) with a few datasets.  It is intermittent except in the mornings, when it is virtually always happening.  I can refresh the data just fine from within Power BI desktop and republish the report, but the dataset continues to fail.  The error I get is "The gateway operation has been canceled explicitly by the user or from a timeout."  This affects scheduled refreshes, but also sometimes affects manual refreshes.  I tried adjusting the timeout on my report to 300 minutes (and it doesn't take anywhere near that long to refresh) but that didn't alleviate the issue.

We updated our gateway within the past month.  Is there a new gateway out that I should download?  I'm seeing these errors happen across various datasets, but there is at least one or two datasets that always fail during the mornings.

Thanks.

datasetrefresh-8Nov17.PNG

- Derek

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jderekc,

You still have chances to make it work. The cause could be from many aspects. 

1. The status of the bandwidth.

2. The status of the data source Server.

3. Try another gateway.

Finally I would suggest creating a support ticket here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/.createATicket.gif

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors