Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MitchM
Resolver II
Resolver II

Text Filter Visual Not Clearing Search Term

Hi all. We have noticed theat when creating reports that utilize the Text Filter visual (custom visual from Microsoft) that the entered search term does not clear when pressing the eraser in Service. This works just fine in desktop, but not in service. As an example, if you have the column:

Apple

Apple

Orange

and search for Orange, a table will show only Orange. If you click the eraser, or delete the text and research, the table will still show only Orange in Service, but in desktop it goes back to Apple,Apple,Orange. Is anyone else seeing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ludwisse

This issue is reported to Power BI Team and the solution will release in 7/4/2018.

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
transwest
Regular Visitor

It's now February 2023 and still having the same issue.  Bump

H20treddr
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here as well + also see it in the desktop version.  Looking forward to te fix.

Manuadl
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Since last week, I have the same issue.

The filter visual not clearing search term.

Do you have a solution?

Regards,

As mentioned aobve, Microsoft is aware of the issue and it will be addressed in the July update. In the meantime, a broswer refresh (F5) will clear the filters. Another option is to create a bookmark when no filters are in place and link that to a button. This is what we do and it allows our users to reset the page withou having to refresh. The downside is that it clears all filters.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

Was going nuts yesterday after realizing this Text Filter function not working properly. Will resort to F5 for now to reset the search.

ludwisse

Hi. I have the same problem from last Friday. All my visuals have this problem with Search text also on the websites.

This is not depended on the browser.  One and only possibility how to erase previous searching is hit F5 on the keyboard.

I hope MS will solve this matter soon. My boss is getting crazy now 🙂 

Hi Ludwisse,

As a temporary fix we created a button that is linked to a bookmark that was created when no filtering was inn place. This way our users can clear the filters without having to to click F5. It's not ideal, but it should get us through the rest of the month. 

Cheers!

Hi @ludwisse

This issue is reported to Power BI Team and the solution will release in 7/4/2018.

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi Maggie @v-juanli-msft

Do  you know if this issue has been fixed in last release? I am still observing it in the service. If it is fixed, do i need to publish again? 

thanks.

I am not sure if this has been resolved to anyone, but I am still seeing the issue. I have submitted on the ideas here: 
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Text-Filter-Visual-Not-Clearing-Search-Term/idc-p/480714#M29...

Any updates on this still i am facing this issue.

Regards,

Dayananthan

in 2022, still experiencing this. help please thanks

Thank you!

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MitchM

I have the same problem with you.

I have contact with the engineer to confirm whether it is a bug or by design and how to fix it.

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors