Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JonasHaggblom
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sync Slicer Feature - Does it only applies to Desktop? (Feb 2018 Update)

It seems to me that the new feature Sync slicers (February 2018 Update (2.55.5010.521)) only applies to Power BI Desktop, and wont work in Power Bi Services after one has published a report to app.powerbi.com. Is there something Im missing or is it supposed to be this way? I would like this functionality to work in online reports as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @JonasHaggblom,

Please update to the latest version and check if it works fine.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @JonasHaggblom,

Please update to the latest version and check if it works fine.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angela ( @v-huizhn-msft ),

SOVLED

With version 2.55.5010.581 the Sync Slicer feature works both in Power BI Desktop and in Power BI Services! Thanks a lot for the quick respons,

Best Regards 

Jonas

JonasHaggblom
Advocate I
Advocate I

Comment:

Acutally the feature works fine until one get error 404 while loading a report in app.powerbi.com (which seems unavoidable), after this error occurs the sync refresh wont apply. The only way to make it work again is to cache refresh the browser (in my case I tried both Chrome and Edge). 

I get the same result on 2 different organisations power bi accounts so Im thinking it might be a bug?

The following error appears in the Console:

GET https://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net/powerbi/resource/userPhoto/?huid=XXXXX 404 (Not Found)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors