Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

spijker_hhg
Frequent Visitor

Style "Matrix Preview" visuals is changed by PBI Service

Hi all,

This morning I logged into the Power BI Service to find out that all the "Matrix Preview" visuals in my reports have an altered style:

This is the visual in Power BI desktop (Version: 2.46.4732.581 64-bit (mei 2017), last month version, can't update right now to june version due to rights issues):

Capture_MatrixVisual_PBD.PNG

Style is none, nicely blended in as a quick to use filter on the side of the report. When I log into the service it looks like this:

Capture_MatrixVisual_PBS.PNG

Now it has a style "standard setting" thats not even available in PBI Desktop and it removed the innitial "None" style it had when I Published it.

Publishing again has no effect, changing the style in PBI Desktop to another style, then back to "none" does remove the "standard" style, but I still have to make my manual adjustments then.

Ive got 50+ reports with 500+ matrix that all look a lot less nice than they did, adjsting each one manually might help but I was planning to do something else with my life this weekend.. please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem and a fix is being looked into.

gr

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@spijker_hhg,

The reason they seem different on the Service from the Desktop is that the Service gets updates before the Desktop. They will be aligned next week. For more details, please review Ramy's reply in the following issue.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/matrix-preview-disappeared-or-rendering-incorrectly-when/idi-...

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@spijker_hhg,

The issue has been reported internally: CRI 40802176. I will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
blindeye
Helper II
Helper II

I've discovered a presumably-related issue, where all the tables in my reports created in Desktop have been converted to matrixes in Service and lost their formatting, so the data has reverted to (rather ugly-looking) alternating white and grey lines rather than the original colour scheme. I updated to the latest desktop version this morning (Version: 2.47.4766.801) - I'm guessing this is the cause?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors