Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jgarciabu
Advocate I
Advocate I

Streaming Analytics Dataset

Not exactly related to PowerBI, but I output a streaming dataset to PowerBI web service and I'd like to tweak it to gather data from a certain point in time. Here is my current query:

SELECT
dateadd(day,-1, system.Timestamp) as StartTime, system.Timestamp as EndTime, sum(ordertotal) as DailyCash
INTO
[Dailycashoutput]
FROM
[Dailycash]
GROUP BY TumblingWindow(Duration(day,1), Offset(hour, -7))

I'd like to gather data from my Event Hub source that reflects all data in a 24 hour window in the Pacific time zone. I'm unclear on how this should be done. I think Event Hubs are on UTC which is why I set the offset for the tumbling window to -7 hours, but do I have to write the query at 12AM pacific time and start running it at the exact time to capture the data I need or is there another way to do this?

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jgarciabu,

We have less control about converting Time Zone on Power BI side, you may need to modify StartTime to dateadd(hour,-7,dateadd(day,-1, system.Timestamp)) and modify EndTime to dateadd(hour,-7,system.Timestamp), reference: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn834997.aspx .

For more details about how to convert UTC to Pacific in your query, I would recommend you post the question in the Azure Stream Analytics forum to get dedicated support.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors