Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tishchenko
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Strange new " Select All" item in visual filter slicer

Hi! Can anybody explain to me, what mean new appeared item "Select All"  (red area in picture below)  in visual filter element? I think this "innovation" absolutly no sence, because to do "select all" action, my users just click "yellow" button to clear selection!

Sorry for my English )))

SelectALl.png

5 REPLIES 5
AlexNYExcel
Frequent Visitor

@Tishchenko the main idea of this option that it allow you to deselect one or some values.

User click "Select All" and umark any values that he doesn't want to see.

I now there is better way to implement it like in Think-cell - remove "Select All" and include behaviour - 1 click select, click on selected - deselect, 3rd click - default (blank).

You can vote - https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/10441935-slicers-select-all

Tishchenko
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

and now my users ask to me "How to hide "Select All" item in all my filter slicer elements?" and second: "Please, add option in visual filter element, that change behavior from "Multi select mode" to "Single select mode" like in Power View reports.

The "select all"  option was usefull, howevere it disappeared from my login today!!  Any idea why?

Tishchenko
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

ok. but I can see any difference in report behavior when user push "Select All" item and "Clear all". Before appear this option, when user want to show unfiltered data, they just click to clear filter button, and this action means "Select all" itself . So, if "Select All" = "Clear All" in report behavior context, why this option was added 3 day ago?
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@Tishchenko "Select All" is to select all the values in filter indicated by red while that circled in yellow is to clear all the selected values in filter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors