Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prakash11440278
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Strange issue in dashboard

Hi All,

I have created a dashboard from different report pages. I saw a strange thing, when i slice & dice the dashboard tiles it is going to the related report page where i can't slice it and after when i done the different dashboard using pin live page option in the report page there i am able to slice it. Can any body please explain why it is happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@prakash11440278 Apologies, but I'm confused. A dashboard contains pinned visuals from report pages. Alternatively, a report page itself can be pinned in its entirety to a dashboard.

Dashboards do not contain slicers/filters on their own.

If you pin tiles from a report page, those tiles cannot be filtered on the dashboard itself.

If you pin the live page, you can view the entirety of the report page on the dashboard. This "tile" does not behave like other pinned visuals in that the filters and slicers you have on the report page will work for the elements in the report page "tile".

If you are expecting the report page elements to interact with other pinned tiles in the dashboard, this will not work.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@prakash11440278 Apologies, but I'm confused. A dashboard contains pinned visuals from report pages. Alternatively, a report page itself can be pinned in its entirety to a dashboard.

Dashboards do not contain slicers/filters on their own.

If you pin tiles from a report page, those tiles cannot be filtered on the dashboard itself.

If you pin the live page, you can view the entirety of the report page on the dashboard. This "tile" does not behave like other pinned visuals in that the filters and slicers you have on the report page will work for the elements in the report page "tile".

If you are expecting the report page elements to interact with other pinned tiles in the dashboard, this will not work.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors