Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Spreadsheet built using Power BI Publisher stopped working

I just updated a desktop model adding in a new query and a single new calcauted column on an exisitng table. I saved and published.  i opened the excel workbook that is linked and clicked refresh data.  It just keeps asking me to login and when I do I get the error

The following system error occurred: (The operation completed successful)

The exisitng repoets have not updated and my new field is not available

However if i go to Power BI/  connect to data i can start a new report and the new stuff is there. This workbook has about 20 reports so going to be a real pain to recreate them all. Is this because i changed the shape of the datamodeil in desktop that has blown it up?

Thanks for any advice

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

@masplin,

Hi Mike,

I tested it following your description. But I didn't find any issues. Please check these items below.

1. One workbook can have many connections. Were you in the right worksheet?

2. Did you show them all?

Spreadsheet built using Power BI Publisher stopped working .jpg

3. What is the type of the new query? Import or Live? 

4. Do you keep the login status?

Spreadsheet built using Power BI Publisher stopped working2 .jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale

The issue is an exisitng sheet that was refreshing fine a few weeks ago now will not refresh due to the error message above.

However if I click on Power BI/ Connect to Data I can create a new report no problem with the most current measures that have bene published.  So the issue seems to be with reports created previously.  It just ownt let me or anyone also in my company make the conenction to refresh.  I assume thisis caused by somne kind of update that has broken the link. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Publisher, but same issue

It appears I coudl recreate every sngle report and it wil lwork, but that seems like the wrong solution.  

If I do as you put below it says I am connected under the email address biadmin, which is the owner of the content Pack. however on refresh it just keeps asking me to login. like this. it asked a dozen times before you can exit. 

Capture.PNG

Hi @masplin,

I just can't reproduce it. Please check these items below.

1. What is the version of your Excel?

2. Did you change the authorizations of the content pack when you updated it?

3. Make a copy of your workbook, then try to delete the reports one by one to find out if any connections are the cause. I can't help you with this because of the permissions. OR, refresh the reports one by one. 

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale

So I simply recreated everythnig from scratch it all seems to be wokring fine. Same workbook, same content pack just chose the conenct to data and remade the reports.

It's like the connection behind the exisitng reports just got corrupted or broken.  Is there any way you can see what content pack is conencted to a particualr report?

Thnaks

Mike 

Hi @masplin,

There is a menu "View Content pack" in the gear button. You can view all the content pack. If you select "Edit", you can see what are inside them.

Spreadsheet built using Power BI Publisher stopped working.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors