Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

angusham

Sorry, we couldn't find that dashboard

Hi

I've just started looking at PowerBI and created a dashboard, which I've then shared with another user.

The other user pastes the URL into their browser, but receives the message "Sorry, we couldn't find that dashboard"

They are a registered user on Office 365. with just the PowerBI licence (I didn't want to assign a 'real' E1 licence to them). Should/could this work, or do users have to have some form of office subscription as well as PowerBI for sharing to work? They can create dashboards and share it with me, just not vice-versa.

Appreciate it may not be a common scenario, but it would allow me to set up users I could share dashboards with without giving them any other functionality.

thanks

12 REPLIES 12
geo_jess
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I have the same problem when sharing a dashboard with external (outside my domain) users.

I am using the Free version of Power BI with Excel data sources.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Jess

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue and contacted Microsoft. There is a bug when you share dashboards with free users for the first time. You need to share the dashboard, have them sign up for Power BI Pro Trial or get a Pro License, then cancel the invite and resend it.

I've lodged a ticket with Microsoft but the Customer Service Representative I got insists this is by design (if this is true, it's very poor design if you ask me).

Please upvote my Issue ticket if you are having issues with this and want to get this fixed as well:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Need-to-quot-Cancel-Invite-quot-and-reshare-dashboard-when/i...

Anonymous
Not applicable

My fix was simple. My bookmark for PowerBI had some strange GUI stored in it. I just hardcoded the bookmarked address to: https:\\app.powerbi.com and issue was resolved.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @angusham, I also had a similar issue and did the following in my blog post below which resolved the error.

It might be of assistance?

Power BI – Error – Sorry, we couldn’t find that report (When opening a link from an annotated email ...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

AbhisheshP

Hi,

I am also getting the same Error , while trying to share dashboard outside the domain. 

Did you get any Solution on this ?

Shared Dashboard is working Properly if I shared in Same domain.

Hi

I am experiencing the same problem when trying to access a dashboard shared to me as an external user. The dashboard is a dataset which is imported into the service and refreshed every 8 hours.

Sharing to external users is set to true in the tenant settings. My Power BI licence is a Pro one.

I have tried both in IE and in Chrome - the error is the same "We couldn't find that dashboard..."

There is no issue accessing shared dashboards as external users when the dashboards are on SSAS/tabular. Therefore my guess is that there is an issue with the data gateway when the data source is SQL Server.

It would be great If somebody has found a solution and shares it here.

Tsanka 

vsirivong
Regular Visitor

I too am seeing this message when opening Power BI in IE, but not in Chrome.  What is the fix in IE?  There should be a way to set your default Dashboard. 

I belive this error happens when one of your original Dashboards (probably your first Dashboard you created) is removed/deleted.

@angusham

Are you a "Pro" user and they are just "free"? If you are using any Pro level features related to your dashboard, and the end user you are trying to share with doesn't have a "Pro" license, they can't access it.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi

Thanks for the reply.  In this case we are both free users so it shouldn't be a problem. The only obvious difference is that my other user doesn't have any subscription to our Office 365 except for PowerBI. 

thanks

Are all users in the same domain?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Yes - they're both in the same domain. I've just tried it with another user who also has an E1 licence, and it does work. So I'm guessing you have to have some other Office licence as well as PowerBI to view shared dashboards?

i have seen this with some customers.  they get this message in IE but not in Chrome... probably a java script bug.  I would report it as an issue using the Smiley face/feed back option on the top right in the Web application.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors