Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mattkarriker
Helper I
Helper I

Slow Performance (app.PowerBi.com)

Late last week and so far this week we are experiencing slow performance in the PowerBI service.  Are there any known issues with the services this could be attributed to?  Are there any metrics related to performance and data size?  We currently update Power BI once per day using the enterprise data gateway.  The refresh of data does not take very long, however since Thursday we experience slow display of visuals, latency when changing slicers/filters, and when changing between reports.  I’m not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same issues as we are so I wanted to post in hopes to troubleshoot the issue.  Any input is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Matt

3 REPLIES 3

@mattkarriker Have there been any changes to the reports? Shared the dashboards with more users? Or was everything the same and it just started slowing?

What region are you in?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thank you for your reply @Seth_C_Bauer.  We are in the SouthEastern Region of the US.  Our datasets themselves have not changed.  We do have users modifying reports and creating dashboards against the datasets we pubish to the business.  It is not just that the reports are slow, simple operations such as changing a slicer value or placing the cursor in a filter box are slow to respond.  So is moving from dashboard to report or from report to report.  We have added a handful of new users to our workgroup but they are only consumers of data and mostly just subscribe to reports.  Any insight you may have or tips for trouble shooting the issue is greatly apprecaited.  

@mattkarriker Hmm. Check out this blog by Chuck Sterling, see if you are "breaking" any of these rules. It is a good place to start at least.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors