Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slice & Dice by Drag & Drop attributes

Hello friends,

Does anyone need the option to allow the users to freely drag and drop attributes to analyse data in the service?

I am talking about allowing the interactive data discovery process, not only filtering with report slicers.

Pivot-style analytics but in the service, without excel.

I have opened the idea but still no votes:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/19220050-allow-slice-and-dice-ana...

Am I missing something or I am the only one that thinks it is needed?

Thank you

Michael

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Current power bi service only allow to modify the visual style and fields at edit report, they are read-only and you cannot directly modify them at dashboard,

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft 

I meant that the users of a Report should have an option to freely drag&drop attributes from the model in a sort of "Pivot" analysis and not just be limited to the visuals that are on it

Freestyle pivoting like in excel

Michael

Hi @Anonymous,

According to your description, I think you just want to add the pivot table feature to power bi, right?
If this is a case , I'd like to suggest you post this requirement to ideas.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-shex-msft,

That's what I did, see the link to the idea in the first post.

It just doesn't get votes so I wanted to ask if peaople here are actually missing this feature.

I personally think that this would save thousands of hours for data analysts to be able to research the data by pivoting directly in the service...

Thank you

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors