Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Carlend92

Sharing without Pro license

Hi all..

simple question...

If i create a dashboard (Pro license) and i share it with a free user.... the end user must have PRO licence for view my dashboard?

Thanks all

5 REPLIES 5

@Carlend92 

In your scenario the answer is "yes" the end user needs a Pro license. Every user that shares or consumes shared content must have a Pro license.

UNLESS

You have purchased Premium, in which case you can share Apps to any number of free users because they are covered by the premium license. You, the report creator, would still need a Pro license in this instance.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

In a company with 20 people using power bi the premium version costs are definitely high.

In my opinion the cost of the pro version is ridiculous if used only to view the dashboards...

@Seth_C_Bauer

There is no way to publish the dashboard on your business sharepoint and allow viewing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carlend92  There is 2 ways you could do this.  There is Power BI Embedded, but its likely you will dislike the cost.

The 2nd method involves "Publish to the web", however you must be aware that using "Publish to the Web" creates a URL that allows anyone to be able to access that report.  So if someone outside your organisation could sniff out that URL, they too could see your report.

I personally use the "Publish to the Web" for some content, because it is those reports are not sensitive information.

@Carlend92 Pro license is the minumum requirement for SharePoint sharing. Sharing of any kind requires a Pro license.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors