Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tbmauricio

Sharing report/dashboard

I would like to share one PBI file with my team, and make possible for them edit it. Futhermore, I would like to share this same file with the rest of the company, but them can't edit it. Must I have the PBI pro to do those things? Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@tbmauricio The correct answer is "Yes".

You can publish the PBIX to a Power BI Group Workspace, and the team can be added to have edit rights on the content in the workspace. Then the reports can be shared to a wider audience via the dashboard. This method also allows you to share the dashboard with an AD security Group so you don't have to input every end user. Using a Group Workspace is a "Pro" feature. This also doesn't address the need to refresh data, which depending on your datasource could require a gateway, which is also a Pro feature.

The wrong answer:

There are ways to work around the current setup, but I wouldn't bet they work for long. Even then, you would lose the ability to manage the solution in the Service because everything would have to be published to a personal workspace, and that is tied to someone's personal account.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@tbmauricio The correct answer is "Yes".

You can publish the PBIX to a Power BI Group Workspace, and the team can be added to have edit rights on the content in the workspace. Then the reports can be shared to a wider audience via the dashboard. This method also allows you to share the dashboard with an AD security Group so you don't have to input every end user. Using a Group Workspace is a "Pro" feature. This also doesn't address the need to refresh data, which depending on your datasource could require a gateway, which is also a Pro feature.

The wrong answer:

There are ways to work around the current setup, but I wouldn't bet they work for long. Even then, you would lose the ability to manage the solution in the Service because everything would have to be published to a personal workspace, and that is tied to someone's personal account.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors