Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jiinson
Helper I
Helper I

Sharing Power BI Pro dashboard with Power BI non Pro user

Dear tutors,

My dashboard has automatically refresh function. (I think this is only the function I am using from Pro version.)

I was trying to share my Power BI Pro dashboard with Power BI non Pro users.

I got a message saying

"This dashboard contains Power BI Pro content. Only users that have Power BI Pro will have access to it."

Is there any way I can share with the Power BI non Pro users? I want to keep refreseh function.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Jiin Son

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jiinson If you use any "Pro" feature for your reports, then the end user needs to have a Pro license. 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
natasjamekes
Helper II
Helper II

With Webdashboard you can easily share your Power BI reports and dashboards, with an intern and external users. All you need is an e-mail address.

You can try Webdashboard for 30 days and if you need any help, they will quickly react. It's available at the Microsoft App Source and for more information, you can visit the website: www.webdashboard.com 

@jiinson If you use any "Pro" feature for your reports, then the end user needs to have a Pro license. 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks @Seth_C_Bauer

What if I don't want to use Pro anymore and get rid of all feature of Pro?

I remove scheduled refresh function but it still seems like I am using Pro version

Thanks,

Jiin Son

Is your dashboard in a group workspace? Then it will be considered pro.

Senior Program Manager,
Power BI, Microsoft.

@Ajay

No, I didn't create any content pack but I just share with some people. Also, I uninstall all on-premise gateway or personnal gateway. Is there anyway I can get rid of pro content? Thanks

Best Regards,

Jiin Son

@jiinson What is your data source, and did you deploy the PBIX to your Personal Workspace, or did you create a Group Workspace and put it there? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors