Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

syedgj
Regular Visitor

Sharepoint List Dataset Scheduled Refresh not saving

In PowerBI Desktop I created a report using data coming from a Sharepoint List. I then published it to PowerBI online, and both the Report and Dataset show up there just fine.

Now online, when I go "Refresh Now" for the dataset, it seems to be working as expected. But under Settings/Scheduled Refresh even though it lets me add various times for refresh, whenever I leave the page and return, the toggle is set to 'off' again. Essentially, the scheduled refresh settings aren't saving.

This is the final piece of the puzzle, as my data is being collected via a PowerApp.. If the auto-refresh can work then this can become an end-to-end 'hands-free' solution.

I'm using OAuth2 to connect to the Sharepoint List, and as mentioned, the manual refresh does work. So I'm assuming that's not the problem (as has been hinted in similar issues reported in this forum).

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
syedgj
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reply Qiuyun. It actually did start working on it's own in the morning. It's doing what's expect now, fingers crossed!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @syedgj,

From your description, the issue is solved now, right? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

wrote:

Hi @syedgj,

From your description, the issue is solved now, right? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Sorry for the delay in response.. yes this was solved.

syedgj
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reply Qiuyun. It actually did start working on it's own in the morning. It's doing what's expect now, fingers crossed!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @syedgj,

As you already set the data source credential correctly and set schedule time, does the refresh happen automatically based on schedule time? 

Based on my test, when we go to dataset settings, the dataset will evaluate the data source credential firstly, when it's valid then schedule refresh will show ON if it's turned on before. So you can wait for a while to see if schedule refresh is ON. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors