Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tibes
Regular Visitor

Share function disappeared

Hi All,

I would like to ask for help because the share function disappeared lately from our Power BI. Therefore we cannot publish/show our dashboards on web anymore. Do you know what could be the reason?

Thank you in advance!

Tibor Csaba

14 REPLIES 14
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Tibes

You are on the report page but not dashboard. You need to pin tile or live page to dashboard and then share the dashboard instead of report.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Hi Herbert,

Thanks so far. And what about reports? Because I cannot share them:

Capture2.PNG

Thanks in advance!

One last question:

What about the web share function? I don't see it on reports/dashboards anymore.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-publish-to-web/

Tibes
Regular Visitor

Does anyone have information about the web share function? We would like to visualise our data outside the Power Bi surface.

Thanks in advance!

@Tibes

You need to click the report and then go to File - Publish to web as below. Dashboard cannot be published to web.

Share function disappeared_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

The problem is that I see only this:

Capture.PNG

@Tibes

Maybe your admin has disabled this function in admin portal as below. With such setting, you will not be able to see the publish to web option.

Share function disappeared_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

I'm facing the same issue!! The option to publish to the web dissapeared from my profile. I tried with many different reports, and is always happening the same. I think this is a problem with my profile configuration. 

I tried even activating my trial pro license, but still this is not showing up. Please help!

Screenshot_1.png

Tibes
Regular Visitor

Capture.PNG

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Tibes

Could you please provide a screenshot for your issue?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Tibes
Regular Visitor

Hi Herbert,

I cannot see the share button anymore, neither the option to create a web link.

Thanks in advance

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Tibes

Could you please provide more details about it? Can you see the share button in the dashboard? Or when you try to share the dashboard to internal/external users, an error message pops up?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors