Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SebS

Security concerns in Web-embedded Power BI Dashboard

Hello all!

I am designing a Dashboard and want to share it in our organization EVA page. Of course, the EVA access is restricted so the persons that has access rights to enter the EVA page are the same that are going to access the Dashboard. The problem is that anyone can copy the Dashboard link and share to other people outside the organization (and then other people can enter to the Dashboard directly without going through the EVA page!).

So, ¿Is there any way to share the dashboard in the EVA page and to make sure that ONLY the people that can enter the EVA page can view the information? And also to make sure that if someone want to share the link, other person can’t enter the Dashboard directly.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@SebS

As far as I know, we can only embed report but cannot embed dashboard into website. Please refer to this idea which has a Planned status.

If we are going to embed report into an EVA page, everyone who has the published report link can see the visuals.

If you want to restrict the persons, you can share dashboard directly though Power BI Service.

BTW, you should post need help topic in other forums but not in Issues here.

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SebS

Thanks @v-haibl-msft!

Indeed I was refering to embed a report into an EVA site. So as far as I understand, there is no way to restrict the access to a web-embed report if someone shares the published report link...

Thanks for your help again!

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@SebS

As far as I know, we can only embed report but cannot embed dashboard into website. Please refer to this idea which has a Planned status.

If we are going to embed report into an EVA page, everyone who has the published report link can see the visuals.

If you want to restrict the persons, you can share dashboard directly though Power BI Service.

BTW, you should post need help topic in other forums but not in Issues here.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors