Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jdobrzen
Advocate II
Advocate II

Security Group App Workspace Privileges

I am trying to give a mail enable security group Admin access to an app workspace. I am able to select Admin and save.

When I go back into app workspace settings though, the selection of Admin or Member is blank again?

There is no error when saving, but it appears to not save the role change when working with security groups.

Thanks again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jdobrzen,

According to this article, we can add only individuals to the members and admin lists currently. Adding multiple AD security groups or modern groups to these lists to allow for easier management is planed to be supported in the next few months. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jdobrzen,

According to this article, we can add only individuals to the members and admin lists currently. Adding multiple AD security groups or modern groups to these lists to allow for easier management is planed to be supported in the next few months. Smiley Happy

Regards

Hello @v-ljerr-msft Do we have an update to this.

As part of my workflow, We want to create Reports and dashboards in Power BI, Publish them as App ( We are using Premium Capacity). Then we want to embed these Dashboards to Dynamics 365.

When I add Dashboard to Dynamics and share with Few Users, Those users are not able to see it (They see "This content is not available").

Now adding all users to Workspace (which seems to be the issue here I believe) is very tedious (and almost impossible for 5000+ users).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors