Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TonyQPC
Regular Visitor

Script Error when logging in via Enterpise Gateway Wizard

Hi All,

I've installed Enterprise Gateway, to enable publishing of Dashboards and it appears to have installed OK. Once installed, it tells me I need to sign in to Power BI, to configure the gateway. When I click on the "Sign in to Power BI" button, I get this error;

Capture.GIF

Regardless of what I then click (Yes, No, or the X at the top to close), nothing happens, other than this small window closes, which takes me to this;

Capture2.GIF

The email address in that window wasn't typed in by me at any point, so must have been picked up from Power BI, I assume. Note that the apostrophe in my name (which does belong in the email address) is replaced by ' (I'm not sure if that's relevant). Again, regardless of what I do, nothing happens, so my only real option is to close this window also (the ellipses are not clickable, nor is the blue circular icon on the left), which takes me back to the start of the wizard again, where I tried to sign in to Power BI in the first place;

4 REPLIES 4
dtorres
Employee
Employee

Hi Tony,

We found the root cause, it is an issue resolved by a security update on IE. Please check this link, get the IE version installed on server (even if you're not using our browser) and download the fix according to the version:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3154070

You will need to restart your server or PC and try PBI Enterprise Gateway installation again.

This should resolve the issue

Daniel Torres

MSFT

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your response.

I followed the link you provided and downloaded the relevant update. However, when I tried to run it, I got a message saying it's already installed. I re-booted anyway, just in case, but the problem is still there.

Any other advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Tony

dimazaid
Employee
Employee

hi @TonyQPC,
First of all, the personal Gateway will always pick up the user currently signed in to Windows. That's why it's probably taking you back to the same account all the time.
For the error you're seeing, what OS and IE version do you have on this machine?

Hi @dimazaid

Thank you for your response.

Just to note, this is Enterprise Gateway, rather than Personal (I'm not sure how much difference that makes with regards to the problem).

The OS is Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1

The version of IE installed is 11.0.9600.18314, Update versions: 11.0.31  (I never use IE anyway, I use Chrome).

Thank you

Tony

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors