Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduling error - The Web.Page function requires Active Scripting to be enabled in Internet Explore

Hi everyone, 

I have a Power BI report that loads data from a bunch of files from a folder using the Folder data source. I am able to refresh it in Power BI Desktop but at the time of refreshing it, manual or automatic scheduled, I am getting the following error;

Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Underlying error message: The Web.Page function requires Active Scripting to be enabled in Internet Explorer options. See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=506565 for details on how to enable Active Scripting.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259

I have tested data souces in the Gateway section and all data sources are good to to go. 

I have checked that

- Internet Explorer has Active Scripting enabled on the server where Enterprise Gateway is installed (image attached),

- https://*.powerbi.com is added in trusted sites

-Lastly, I am not running Personal & Enterprise gateway side by side, I have only Enterprise Gateway installed on the box. 

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks
Kaz

IE settings for Active ScriptingIE settings for Active Scripting

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

Thanks for your reply, looks like you have given me MS Corporate Support link. 

Updated 21/3/17. I'll go ahead and create a ticket with Power BI Support. It looks like it is a bug and comes into play when we are importing data from HTML files. 

Thanks
Kaz

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

I just noticed something, maybe nothing significant, but I thought I'll post it here for expert inputs. We have started to get a new error in our environment where scheduled data source in the Service fails to complete successfully giving an error "2 arguments were passed to a function which expects 1." Interesting, the error ID of this 2 arguments error is exactly the same as the error ID of "The Web.Page function requires Active Scripting to be enabled...". 

Are they connected by any chance? 

I am attaching the screenshot for review.

Thanks

KazPBI-Active-Script-2-Args-Error-ID.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

Thanks for the reply Lydia. I did try deleting and re-publishing the report & dataset, but that didn't resolve it for me. 

Are you after specific types of calculations when you asked the type of calculations the report contain? It has lots of DAX driven calculations but that's about it. It doesn't have R scripts or anything else. 

I tried installing the latest version of Power BI Data gateway on my server but the installation failed, probably because of the fact that our system administrator tred to upgrade the existing gateway which is the old, Enterprise Gateway. I'll get back to you once I am successful with gateway installation, however in the mean time, any help would be appcreciated. 

Thanks
Kaz

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors