Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled refresh

Hi

I need help for schedule refresh . I was created report in Power BI Desktop and then after publish repoert on Power BI Service.

And  data will be refresh every 15 min but schedule refresh only daily and weekly update data refresh .That time what I should do?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you can use this easy app to keep your reports updated every 2-3 minutes, this way you will always have fresh data when you check them online. Saved my life

https://pbiexperts.com/downloads

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

If the dataset connects to data source in Import mode, the maximum refresh frequency is every 30 minutes, and Pro license can be set no more than 8 refresh time. 

In your scenario, if the dataset connects to data source in DirectQuery or Connect Live mode, we can set refresh frequency with 15 minutes with Schedule cache refresh option. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data#live-connections-and-directquery-to-on-premises-data-sources

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am using Power BI Pro License but in Import Mode we can only manually refresh the data.can you hlep me which 8 refresh time data with import mode.If it possible its very help full for me.

Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous,

You can follow this article to configure schedule refresh for the dataset: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-scheduled-refresh

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun Yu ,

I got you point but why my schedule refresh Disable on power BI service.see the below Image.

Capture_gateway_schedulerefresh.PNG

Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous,

To resume scheduled refresh, simply revisit any dashboard or report built on the dataset.

If schedule refresh is still greyed out, please click on Gateway connection, ensure used gateway is online if gateway required. Then you are able to turn on the schedule refresh again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

My schedule refresh is still greyed out.Given massage below image .which  credentials i need?

Capture_Gate_shchedulerefresh_error.PNG

Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you revisited the dashboard or report built on this dataset? 

After you do it, follow @nirvana_moksh to check if data sources settings are fine. Then you should be able to turn on the schedule refresh. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun Yu

Thank you for your help.Now I am able to set schedule refresh with my oracle dataset.

Thanks,

When you click on the Data Source Credentilas it will show an 'X' mark against the Data Source for which you have to re-add the credentials and you should be fine. Then click on GateWay Connection above and make sure the toggle foe Use a data GateWay is turned on and your GateWay is up and running.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors