Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled Data Refresh fails but local refresh doesn't

Hi,

I'm not sure where to turn to with my issue.

I have several binary files coming from an Azure Blob Storage. Those are json files which are not perfectly formated for treatment.

I described how I managed to format the data correctly in order to be used in a previous post : http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Change-JSON-Blob-data-during-import/m-p/...

Everything works well (even if it takes 20 min to work on 2 weeks of data) and I can refresh my data on my local .pbix file without having any trouble.

I recently uploaded my file to the app.powerbi.com service in order to share a linked dashboard with my boss. I scheduled a daily refrsh during the night, but it failed two days in a row.

The error message it gives me is : 

We found extra characters at the end of JSON input.

This is an issue I had when I forgot to add a "[" at the start and a "]" at the end of my json text string.

I think the refresh breaks because the data it retrieves is added incrementally to the one already there, thus messing the text string up, but I was convinced I read somewhere that data refreshed re-import completly the data (they do not work incrementally) so I'm not sure where to stand.

Can someone confirm or infirm that the data refresh does NOT work incrementally ?

Is there a way to have more detailed information about why the refresh failed in my case ?

1 REPLY 1
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous Yes data refresh in power bi service is full refresh and not incremental. Only way I can think of is to create a support ticket with Microsoft and get them to assist you. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors