Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MBK37
Regular Visitor

Reports without datasets and vice versa

Hi,

I'm trying to clean up my Power BI Service since alot of unused reports/dashboards are present. But the transfer of my position went quit quickly so I don't know if my predecessor 'renamed' any of the reports or datasets after publishing them. It now looks like I have reports without equally named datasets and vice versa. Furthermore I cannot find a way in the Service to locate the corresponding dataset of a report. On top of that I have no .pbix files for most of them, otherwise I could have checked in the Desktop version.

Is there a way to find the dataset linked to a report, and a way to find the reports linked to a dataset in the Service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MBK37 WHOOP! I just saw this referenced in another thread, so it looks like the documentation is out before the announcement of Service changes, but they just built "Find related Content" into the tool. See here, looks like it's just in time for your efforts 🙂

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@MBK37 WHOOP! I just saw this referenced in another thread, so it looks like the documentation is out before the announcement of Service changes, but they just built "Find related Content" into the tool. See here, looks like it's just in time for your efforts 🙂

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@MBK37 For imported datasets, you can click on Settings (the wheel) in the upper right and click on "Manage Personal Storage"

This gives you the relationships between objects deployed in the Service. The caveat here is that it appears to only pull back the datasets that are imported. It doesn't appear to show Direct Query or Live Connection datasources.

Hope that helps somewhat.

I think the page is geared towards seeing where your data consumption is, rather than a mapping tool, but it looks to be what you want... And I can definetely see the need to track everything.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors