Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reports keep spinning on our critical demo day

We are using Power BI embedded solution to demonstrate all the great features of Microsoft Power BI is providing for our potential customers. It worked very well for us until today. Today was our main demo day. On and off from this morning 9.30AM to 3:45PM central time every dashboard/report was spinning. After sometimes it works for few min then it starts spinning again. How can we remedy this issue? Only one occasion we received an error, 95% of the time it was just spinning.How can we identify the service issues ? 

7 REPLIES 7
ascendbi
Advocate II
Advocate II

We have been having this issue about Mid-Morning (EST) for the past week. Even for tiny ( less that 100 KB Data Models) 

Tenant Details: 

Power BI

Version13.0.2912.189
Activity ID
TimeTue Oct 31 2017 11:13:19 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Your data is stored inNorth Central US (Illinois)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even within powerbi portal spinning occurs. In addition some reports gets additional errors in some visuals 

Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity IDd6202c94-3127-4311-bb69-095901710854
Request IDa4fe36f1-76e1-a4d9-b1ee-60f7d357cfcf
TimeTue Oct 31 2017 10:22:36 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Version13.0.2912.189

Hi @Anonymous, @ascendbi,

It seems to be a known temporary issue on Power BI Support page, where users may experience stale data on their dashboards. Data Refreshes may also fail intermittently for users. As a workaround users can perform a manual refresh. Engineers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. Next Update @11/01/2017 12:00 PST

issue1.PNG

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-ljerr-msft thank you. We have 5 reports, only one of them use on-premise gateway. Rest of the reports are excel file(data source file inside .pbix, and uploaded using power bi desktop) with no gateway dependency or data refresh settings associated with them. when we encounter spinning wheel issue, even when we pull the same report in power bi portal , we get spinning wheel. When you say manually refresh , what you mean by that? 

* All our reports use power bi embedded token and embedd them with in our application. I really love MS Power BI. Yesterday, one of our decision-making demo went so bad with this issue. We have an opportunity to demo this to another client of ours on Thursday. I hope things works for that demo. Is there anything we can do to avoid this issue during our demo?

Thanks in advance for all the help you can extend. 

Hi @Anonymous,

The known issue I mentioned previously should be fix now. So do you still have the same issue?

In addition, if the issue persists, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance. Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-ljerr-msftThank you for checking back with me.Yesterday and today , everything seems to work without any flaw.  It would be nice , if we can have some internal diagnostic details  well in advance to avoid these critical demo day situations. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are seeing the same spinning problem today as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors